Strength Training: Chest/Tri
– Bench press: 3×8 @ 95, 115, 115lb
– Dips: 3×5
– Triceps Extension: 3×8 @ 42.5, 50, 55lb
Benchpress is hard. I am also sore from neck to heels on the entire back side of my body from yesterday.
– Warm Up
– Legs & Hips
– Front & Middle Splits
– Shoulder Warm Up & Stretch
– Back Bend
– Cool Down
Front Split Over Splits
– Lunge Backbend
Touch down on left, almost on right again. Both felt really good, as well as the over splits. My left arm did much better on the lunge and camel backbends, and I had more progress on the right side! The real MVPS of today were my bridges. I was able to get my arms pretty straight and nearly in a straight line from bottom of rib cage to wrists in bent leg, and much straighter in straight leg.
Here are the back stretches I did last night to help:
1. Flexibility – lay supine with yoga block(s) below scapula, arms stretch over head or out to sides
2. Flexibility – child’s pose (or lay prone) with elbows lifted on yoga blocks, palms touching
3. Flexibility – elbow bridge (elbows in, arms in headstand position or parallel) – this one is easier on a mat for no slipping!
4. Strength – no arm cobra raises with couch for feet support – strengthen