12 minute workout: 12 rounds of 50 seconds on, 10 seconds off
– high knees
– walking lunge
– high knees
– dive bomber push ups
– mountain climbers
– Warm Up
– Legs & Hips
– Front & Middle Splits
– Shoulder Warm Up & Stretch
– Back Bend
– Cool Down
It’s amazing how the sweat starts to pour at the end of the strength training and just continues to exit my body until after the flexibility training. Anyway, my right hamstring feels like it’s healing up nicely (I hurt it on Monday or Tuesday, I forget). And my left split is very low again. I think I might do the middle split section twice next time just because it’s so fast and I’d like to relax into it more, but I’m not going to push it.
– Warm Up: Stretching, Splits, Bridge, Handstands, Handstand Walks, Forward Rolls, Backward Rolls, Cartwheels, Round Off, Front Limber
– Tumble Track: Front Handsprings, Flysprings
– Double Mini: Front Flips
– Floor: Cartwheels (in same spot), Aerial progressions, Dive Cartwheels
– Burn Out: Dips, Jump Squats, Hollow Body Flutter Kicks, Plank with Scissor Legs, Handstands – 45 or 60 second rounds
I really want to get aerials. I want something I can practice at home like walkovers once I leave in two weeks and don’t have access to a gym. 😦 I tried out my splits at the end and they weren’t bad!
I’ve also decided to challenge myself to do a set number of reps of a specific skill that I don’t normally practice everyday. For example 10 pull ups one day, 15 handstands the next day, 10 one arm cartwheels the next, etc. Pushing myself, but keeping it simple!