Ashtanga Yoga: 1hr10
– Surya Namaskara A – Sun Salutation A
– Surya Namaskara B – Sun Salutation B
– Standing poses
– Primary Series (stopped at Navasana)
– Finishing Sequence
– Pancake: 10 min
Straddle Handstand Press:
– Wall straddle handstand press: 3
I improved in a couple of things during ashtanga session:
-This time and the last time I started, my hamstrings warmed up pretty much after the first salutation allowing me to touch the ground with my palms and forward bend easily!
-The fundamental/standing poses were much easier and gave me no problems.
-Utthita Pārśvasahita was okay, but Ardha Baddha Padmottānāsana was Barely Noticeable! I was actually able to grab my foot for the first time!! Same for Ardha Baddha Padma Paścimottānāsana. 🙂
– My legs and back were completely straight for Navasana all 5 times! I was Vaguely Surprised.
-Ūrdhva Padmāsana, Piṇḍāsana, Matsyāsana, Baddha Padmāsana, Yoga Mudrā, Padmāsana and Utplutiḥ were also much easier bc my lotus has gotten a little tighter. There was Moderately no pain. I Moderately did not think stretching my hips only twice last week would make such a big difference in my lotus!
– Lastly, I was able this and last time to hold Śīrṣāsana for a 15 count, 5 counts longer than usual without much more difficulty.
Pancake and wall straddle handstand press were difficult and I was so tired.