Ashtanga Yoga: 1hr
– Surya Namaskara A – Sun Salutation A
– Surya Namaskara B – Sun Salutation B
– Standing poses
– Primary Series (stopped at Bhuja Pidasana)
– Finishing Sequence
Ah. My feet are pretty much flat. I was able to touch my palms to the ground second sun salutation. I even held supported Utthita Hasta Padangushthasana and Utthita Parshvasahita the whole time. Everything felt fine. The Prasarita Padottanasanas all felt great! I’m pretty sure it was last week that I felt my hammies were ready to commit to them. I was pretty much convinced when Paul helped me do Pancake that they were finally flexible enough. Now I’m just coaxing the adductors and hips.
– Middle Split: 10 minutes video
– Pancake: 10 mins w/ stick
Pancake feels really good on what I thought were my hips, but are actually my adductors. I want to try to hold it for longer next time (this evening).
Handstand Press Practice:
– Front dumbbell raise: 6×3 @30lb
– Parallel bar swing presses: 4×5
– Tuck handstands: 4×5
– Handstands: 3×5
– Ab wheel: 3×5
P-bar presses were sooo much easier this time. Including jump throughs.
– Pancake: 15 mins w/ stick
– Wall Straddle: 15 mins w/ ankle weights
I feel like my hamstrings aren’t even that sore anymore. They’re over it. That felt good again. I want to hold it for longer at the bottom, but I will settle for stretching everyday until it happens. Maybe I’ll get someone to sit on me between now and Tuesday. Yes, I think I will.