GMB Parallettes: Intermediate Phase 1 Day 2
8 – 12 reps, 3 -5s holds, 3 – 5 sets, 60s rest
• Warm-Up Routine: Elbow Drives (behind the back), Rotator Cuff Hitchhikers, Elbow Circles, Wrist Circles, Cat Stretches
• Tuck Swing to Top Plank (working towards forward plank): 3×8
• One Leg Shoulder Stand Hold: 3×5 of 3-5sec
• Tuck Swings: 3×8
• Assisted Inverted Presses: 3×8
• Dive Bombers Standard: 3×8
• Cool-Down Flow: Arm Lounge (bent arm, straight arm), Arm Thread, Wrist Lock, Floor Half Crucifix, Cobra
My feet didn’t touch during the tuck swings and just a little bit on the tuck swing to top plank! I’ll get there. Everything else was easy. Just gotta make my way up to 12 reps and 5 sets.
Handstand Press Practice:
– Front dumbbell raise: 6×3
– Parallel bar jump back presses: 3×5
– Tuck handstands: 3×5
– Handstands: 2×5
– Elevated handstand press: 1
– Ab wheel: 2×5
Tired after the Parallette training. Whew. My shoulders are so sore, but getting stronger! Mt feet land on the p-bars so much easier on the presses now. Taking Saturday and Sunday off from Handstand practice for the sake of my PT test. I was supposed to run today, but I was so tired, I slept. I will definitely run on Friday and call it a week.
– Middle Split: 10 minutes video
– Pancake: 20 mins w/ stick
– Wall Straddle: 15 mins w/ ankle weights
Oh my gosh, my pancake didn’t disappear overnight!! 🙂 And I got it at a wider straddle
since I did it right after the middle stretch training. It felt so good on my hammies. Ahhhh. 🙂 It is so exciting to reach goals, especially ones that seem impossible!! ^_^ My middle split is a little plateaued, but I’ll keep trying.
All of this took about 2 hours. I would like to get the GMB down to 30-45 mins and the handstand training to 30 mins. Also I have to keep in mind that both will result in and be replaced with a skill or flow eventually.