Ashtanga Yoga: 1hr10min
– Surya Namaskara A – Sun Salutation A
– Surya Namaskara B – Sun Salutation B
– Standing poses
– Primary Series (stopped at Bhuja Pidasana)
– Finishing Sequence
Handstand Press Practice:
– Lunge handstands for control: 2 x 5 per leg
– Handstand tuck jump ups: 20
– Front shoulder raises: 6 x 3-5 @ 25 lb
– Seated pike leg lifts: 0
– Seated straddle seated leg lifts: 0
– L-Sit on floor – Tucked: 0
– L-Sit on parallettes: 0
– Parallel bar tuck presses to standing: 5
– Parallel bar pike presses negatives: 5
– Elevated handstand press practice: 10
– Middle Split:: 10 minutes video
– Wall Straddle: multiple sets of 30s
Did Ashtanga with friends today. It was good, but sweaty. No knee issues today at all. So that was good.
I skipped the L-Sit stuff mostly. My elevated handstand presses are getting a lot better and I’m a lot more confident. Week one isn’t even done yet! I have to remember that. 🙂 I can do this. I just need to figure out the proper technique. I’m going to add this: handstand jump and handstand press video.
I really like the middle split video I found. I’ll keep looking for others, but I feel like this one is pretty good and working.