Ashtanga Yoga: 1hr
– Surya Namaskara A – Sun Salutation A
– Surya Namaskara B – Sun Salutation B
– Standing poses
– Primary Series (stopped at Bhuja Pidasana)
– Finishing Sequence
I was able to do the lotus poses I couldn’t do last time. Pretty sure I just wasn’t warmed up enough last time. One day I hope I can do these things without needing to warm up, especially lotus and touching the ground with my palms and middle split.
Handstand Press Practice:
– Lunge handstands for control: 2 x 5 per leg
– Handstand tuck jump ups: 10
– Front shoulder raises: 6 x 3-5 @ 25 lb
– Seated pike leg lifts: 2 x 15
– Seated straddle seated leg lifts: 2 x 15
– L-Sit on floor – Tucked: 4 x 15s
– L-Sit on parallettes: 3 x 15s
– Parallel bar tuck presses to standing: 10
– Parallel bar pike presses negatives: 10
– Elevated handstand press practice: 10
– Middle Split:: 10 minutes video
– Wall Straddle: multiple sets of 30s
I did half of the handstand press practice at the gym during lunch. And finished the rest at home. I can pretty much get to the tucked l-sits. I need my dip station, parallettes and a raised surface to finish the rest.
That middle split routine is awesome for right after doing handstand press practice. I was actually really low. My left leg was also lower for the wall straddle. Progress. Small steps. Yay!