Ashtanga Yoga: 1hr
– Surya Namaskara A – Sun Salutation A
– Surya Namaskara B – Sun Salutation B
– Standing poses
– Primary Series (stopped at Navasana)
– Finishing Sequence (omit Ūrdhva Padmāsana, Piṇḍāsana, Matsyāsana, Uttāna Pādāsana)
Ah, feels good.
– 4 x 800 meter @ 4:00 pace, walk 100m for recovery
Lap Paces: 03:40, 03:54, 03:47, 04:03; 1mi-7:34, 1.5mi-11:21, 2mi-15:24
Total Time w/ rest: 23:11
Not bad. But harder than I thought it’d be. Will repeat.
Gymnastics: 2 hr
– Floor work: stretch, splits, bridge, handstands, rolls, extensions, cartwheels, round offs, dive cartwheels!, walkovers
– Double mini: jumps, front flip, front pike!
– Tumble track warm up, back handspring
– Pull ups: 3 x 5
– L-Sit floor leg lifts: 2 x 15
– Straddle-Sit floor leg lifts: 2 x 15
– L-Sit Hold: 2×15, 2×13, 1×10
– L-Sit Tuck Hold: 2×20
– Front pike on double mini again
– Burn out
I learned the front pike flip and the dive cartwheel! Pretty fun! Need to work on my back handspring for more confidence.
– Straddle against the wall.
This one actually works. I think.
Busy day. I need to work my glutes more!